New MHJC COVID-19 Guidelines and Protocols (as of 6/23/21)
The MHJC Reopening Taskforce has announced that the following COVID-19 Guidelines are now in place for the synagogue. If you have any questions, please email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (516) 935-5454. Someone will contact you with the answer to your question.
- Those who are vaccinated do not have to wear a mask in the synagogue.
- Those who are unvaccinated must continue to wear a mask when not social distancing, with the exception of children under two years of age. Accordingly, anyone who is not vaccinated must wear a mask when first entering the synagogue.
- We will continue to delineate a section for those who are not vaccinated and those who are vaccinated. Of course, someone who is vaccinated may choose to sit in the unvaccinated section.
- Visitors and staff no longer have to undertake health screening. Of course, we ask that you refrain from coming to services or events if you are not feeling well.
- We will continue to disinfect the synagogue on a regular basis.
- Those who wish to kiss the Torah may do so.
- The Plexiglas has been removed from the lectern and the reading table.
- We are lifting the restriction as to the occupancy of the bathrooms when Religious School is not in session. Please know that our handicapped bathroom is, and always has been, a single person occupancy bathroom and is available for anyone’s use. We strongly encourage those who are not vaccinated to use that bathroom.
- We will permit people to take food themselves with serving utensils. To that end, when we start serving food such as cookies for Kiddush, they will be plattered on multiple plates with tongs set up by each plate.
During the coming months we will be addressing our protocols for the High Holidays and for Religious School. We are well aware that this is a fluid situation and that the situation is changing rapidly. We will always consider the health and safety of our members and staff our number one priority in setting these protocols.