New MHJC COVID-19 Guidelines and Protocols (as of 6/1/21)
The MHJC Reopening Taskforce has announced that the following COVID-19 Guidelines are now in place for the synagogue. If you have any questions, please email our office at email@example.com or call (516) 935-5454. Someone will contact you with the answer to your question.
- Do not enter the synagogue if you have any symptoms of COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated individuals (at least 2 weeks since the second dose in a 2-dose series or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine) are not required to wear a face covering in the synagogue. Fully vaccinated individuals can sit in either the vaccinated or unvaccinated section.
- Unvaccinated individuals over the age of 2 must wear a face covering anytime social distancing (>6’ from individuals not part of your household) cannot be maintained. Unvaccinated individuals must sit in the seating area designated for unvaccinated and maintain social distancing from other parties while seated so that face coverings may be removed. An unvaccinated person carrying the torah must wear a face covering.
- Bathrooms are to be occupied by 1 person at a time (except when occupied by more than 1 member of the same household).
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently during your visit.
- No kissing of prayer books or Torahs at this time.
- Health Screenings must be completed by all synagogue employees, event hosts and waitstaff. Worship / event attendees do not need to complete a health screening.
- If food will be served, the food must be individually wrapped / boxed or waitstaff must serve the food. No open buffets. It is highly recommended that waitstaff be fully vaccinated.