Our Ritual Committee and Reopening Taskforce have continued to meet to determine the COVID-19 protocols for the High Holiday Services of Manetto Hill Jewish Center. Due to the results of the most recent survey, it was decided to return to our synagogue for High Holiday Services. Click here is a link to the letter sent to our members regarding the location of our High Holiday Services and the up-to-date protocols
August 16th is the deadline for High Holiday Seats Registration. Click here for the link to the form. August 16th is a hard deadline and we cannot accept form after that date and guarantee your request. We will begin selling seats to non-members beginning August 23rd if seats are not available. Deadlines cannot be extended.
For questions regarding the Book of Remembrance Form and the Congregational New Year’s Card, please contact our Main Office at (516) 935-5454 or by clicking here.
We will continue to monitor all recommendations from the CDC.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the protocols below, please click here to send an email the committees listed above.
Manetto Hill Jewish Center High Holiday Policies and Procedures
1) There will be a vaccinated section and an non-vaccinated section.
2) EVERYONE ATTENDING HIGH HOLIDAY SERVICES AT THE MANETTO HILL JEWISH CENTER MUST WEAR A MASK. THIS INCLUDES ALL STAFF, SECURITY GUARDS AND MIKE FROM DIAMOND CUT
PRODUCTIONS. THE ONY EXCEPTIONS WILL BE THOSE WHO ARE UNDER TWO YEARS OF AGE, THE RABBI AND THE CHAZZAN WHEN THEY ARE ALONE OR TOGETHER ON THE BIMAH, WITH THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS: If the Rabbi and the Chazzan test negative for COVID within 48 hours of each holiday and such negative tests are submitted to Russ Blatt, President of Manetto Hill Jewish Center, prior to the start of each holiday, they may be unmasked when they are together on the Bimah. Rabbi and the Chazzan are fully vaccinated.
3) Gaiters, bandanas and masks with valves will not be permitted to be used as a mask. In addition, masks must fully cover mouth and nose at all times.
4) Chairs will be arranged in family clusters, social distanced to greatest extent possible. Social distancing priority will be given to the non-vaccinated section.
5) Machzors will be placed on the seats prior to the start of the holiday.
6) There will be no Torah processions and the names for the Get Well prayers must be submitted in advance. There will be no lines during the services.
7) The Shofar will be blown outside, following the services.